How about this for helping to promote Moodle?

How about this for helping to promote Moodle?

by Val Brooks -
Number of replies: 8
Have a look at this press article in today's Guardian - wonderful of Irene to write so much and lovely to see familiar names from the forums being mentioned and hearing about the way they use Moodle. There's even a mention of HUGTOB (Help Us Get To Bett)!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Val Brooks

Re: How about this for helping to promote Moodle?

by Drew Buddie -

Well done Irene and well done Darren for getting Moodle such positive press.

In reply to Drew Buddie

by Darren Smith -
Thanks Drew shy. Others were also mentioned in the article smile

Thanks Irene for this really high profile contribution to the Moodle cause. Perhaps worthy of the Buzz page?
In reply to Darren Smith

by Ulrike Montgomery -

Thanks a lot, Irene, for writing this excellent article. I copied it and gave it to our English teachers who are all avid Moodlers.

On behalf of the English teachers in our school district I would also like to thank Darren for sharing his courses. They are such a big help for English teachers in Germany who have a degree in literature but find themselves having to teach computer English.

In reply to Ulrike Montgomery

by Darren Smith -
surprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

English teachers! Ummmm. If they spot the deliberate mistakes then make sure they let me know smile

Can we also "big up":

North West Grid for Learning (When can I download the courses!)
Gideon Williams (cool name)
Amy Johnson (sounds like a nice kid)
Colin Charde (why can't I have a cool name like everybody else!)
Jason Cole (we're not worthy)
The HUGTOB team (I put the O in, Drew!)
Jo MacKinnon (another cool name - sob)

and some bloke called Martin clown
In reply to Darren Smith

by Irene Krechowiecka -
Thanks for all your kind commentsblush - happy to oblige anytime there's something newsworthy, half my working life is writing, mostly for The Guardian. I sent the link to Martin and he put it on Moodle Buzz. I'm visiting the NW grid chaps next week to find out more about their Dida materials. Also setting up a sharing resources site for Cumbrian teachers that others are welcome to cntrubute to / take from
In reply to Val Brooks

by Richard Cervantes -

Thanks for posting this, Val.  I wouldn't have seen it otherwise as I can only manage one newspaper a week and that's on the day of rest.  I've edited it down to half a side and submitted to our College magazine, pour encourager les autres big grin.  Apparently anything longer is unlikely to be widely read!

Dick C