I am not notified when some students submit their assignments

I am not notified when some students submit their assignments

by Tim Patterson -
Number of replies: 3

I am using Moodle 2.3.3

I have several difference courses with various students at my B-study.com/courses site.  I am having a dog of a time trying to figure out why I as Teacher am not being notified when some of my students submit their Assignments.  It seems to relate to the student rather than to the course.  Is it something on their end, with their computer, that will not allow this to happen.  I am careful to tick the box on the Assignment settings that tells it to notify the Grader, but it does not seem to help.  I do not have any problem with other students.  I would greatly appreciate anyone's help on this.

Tim Patterson

Minnesota, USA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Patterson

Re: I am not notified when some students submit their assignments

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moodle 2.3 is pretty old and contains a range of bugs included security related bugs that could allow someone to compromise your site. You should upgrade to see if that helps.

debugging e-mail issues can be difficult - there are a few similar forum threads that might give you some ideas:
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=280158

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Tim Patterson -

Thanks for your reply, Dan.  But I did not see anything there that specifically helped me.  

I have never done my own upgrading.  Is it pretty difficult? How does one do it and not lose what he already has?

Tim

In reply to Tim Patterson

by Katherine Robeson -

Hi Tim,  we will help you get it upgraded on your site or help you figure out how to move content from 2.3.3 to a more stable and supported version.   Contact me via messaging here on Moodle.org please.  Thanks.