Error: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write. " after crash. Moodle 2.9 1+

Re: Error: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write. " after crash. Moodle 2.9 1+

by Quintin Seegers -
Number of replies: 2

I ended up deleting the content from ..\moodledata\cache, which fixed it.

In reply to Quintin Seegers

Re: Error: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write. " after crash. Moodle 2.9 1+

by Mignon Smit -

Good evening everyone.

I have the same error...Not sure where the moodledata dir is, I do not see it on CPanel?

I'm not able to login to my moodle, any URL I enter have the same error msg.

Please help.

Mignon

Moodle 3.1.1

In reply to Quintin Seegers

by Fidele GWIZA -

Dear Quintin, 

Thanks a lot, I have experienced the same problem 

"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write"

I have cleaned the cache folder in the MOODLEDATA folder as you suggested and it was fixed. 

Regards , 

Gwiza

University of Rwanda