Save and add another

Save and add another

by martin dooling -
Number of replies: 6

Hi All,

When adding entries into the database via the Add entry template my fields are not refreshing to null (after the entry has been added) when clicking on save and add another. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Should they refresh and be blank ready for the next entry after clicking on save an add another.

thanks

M.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to martin dooling

Re: Save and add another

by Itamar Tzadok -

IMO, both are valid behaviors. In many cases one would want to add another that is just like the previous except for one parameter. In such cases it would be quite time consuming to start each new entry from scratch. At any rate, it is just a matter of implementing these behaviors. The Dataform module, for instance, allows you to include in the submission form any subset of the submission buttons which appear in the following illustration. In particular, the button you are looking for is the 'Save and Start New'.

But then again, the Dataform also allows you to add/edit multiple entries in one form which might be even closer to what you need.

hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to martin dooling

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Martin,

Which version of Moodle are you using?

I just tested on V2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.8 and 2.9, all work as expected:

1. "Save and view" jumps to "View single" after you fill out a field.

2. "Save and add another" save your new entry, but stays in the "Add entry" tab and all fields are empty, ready for you to fill out.

It will be helpful to include you Moodle version, Server info (If you know), the browser and your gears (Windows/Mac. Desktop/Tablet) when you post a question.

Regards

William

In reply to William Lu

by Susanne Mey -

Hi Martin,

could you solve your problem? We have the same mistake since we use Moodle 3.0.

Best Regards

Susanne

In reply to Susanne Mey

by William Lu -

Hi Martin and Susanne, you are right.

The Moodle3.0 'Save and add another' button doesn't refresh the form.

Tested on Moodle3.02, using ATTO editor and TinyMce editor, same problem.

In reply to Susanne Mey

by William Lu -

Submitted to tracker:

1. MDL-53372

Please vote.

Thanks

In reply to William Lu

by William Lu -
Here is the reply from Adrian Greeve:

It seems you're not the only one to have come across this bug, as it's been reported previously - see MDL-49861. I'm going to close this issue now so we can focus on the linked issue. Please watch, vote or comment on it if there is any additional information you can provide.

Please ignore mine, vote this MDL-49861