No confirmation message while messaging

No confirmation message while messaging

by gaurav singh -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

My problem is when teacher send message to his students, it takes lot of time and no confirmation message displays.

Also the last semester course has been over but it is still running in 'Jan-June' category.Pls let me know what is the process the

close the course but enable search list.May be it is the reason to slow the process.

Thanks in  advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gaurav singh

Re: No confirmation message while messaging

by Jamie Kramer -

Hello Gaurav. For the problem with sending messages to students, it might be helpful to enable debugging for a brief period, and then try to reproduce this issue. I am wondering if any debug errors will appear that might be helpful in troubleshooting this. Perhaps there is some issue with the email server or something else, but lets see if any helpful debug messages come of this. Also, you say that no confirmation message displays... what is displayed as a result of the message not working? Also, what functionality are you using to send a message to students... is it a forums/news activity, or are you using the "send a message" option from the course participants page?

For closing a course, one option you might consider is to edit course settings, and set the visible option to "hide". This makes it so that students cannot enter the course anymore, but teachers/site-admins still can. 

Jamie