Shared group submission in Quiz

Shared group submission in Quiz

by Glauco Fiorante -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Moodle users and developers,

I started use this fantastic tool in my digital electronics classes, but I need an specific feature for use in my lab classes, as most probably others users could need.

Generally in a lab classes the students work in a team (group) of two or three members over an electronic circuit. They have a procedure to follow over simulations, measurements and annotations, and answer questions in the final.  I've tried to use the Lesson feature for this, but unfortunately this tool didn't work well with truth tables questions. Also It does not accept Cloze questions type.

As we also need to add questions at the final part,  now I am successfully using the Quiz tool, adding the procedure and Cloze questions over the experience. It is working very well for one student.

Unfortunately, I think that the "Group" option of the Quiz is not the same of the "Students submit in groups" of the Assignment tool, which had work very well to give the same grade to all students of the same group.  Only one student of the group that sign in to moodle and submit the Quiz receive the automatic correction and grade. The other students of the group do not see the submission nor the grade, even they are in the same group. I need this for the students to have a feedback.

Is there a way in Quiz that all group elements (students) could receive automatically the same grade (without manual grading)? 

Or do you have a plugin for this ?

I am using version 2.4.3 (build 20130328).

Thank you in advance for your attention,

Glauco Fiorante

Average of ratings: Useful (1)