Limiting post views to "approved" posts 2.8

Limiting post views to "approved" posts 2.8

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

This is going to sound crazy.  It sounds crazy when I think about it but I promised my boss I'd find out.

Is there any way to prevent posts from being visible (and e-mailing) until the moderator approves them?  This would be the same basic behavior glossary uses to prevent entries from showing up until they are approved. 

We've got several thousand users and a select few are in the habit of posting inappropriate (sometime minor, sometimes major) material.  We generally limit our forums to groups (this location can post only to others in that location, etc) but we're talking about an agency wide forum and there is concern that some bad behavior might occur (we're adults!  We should know better!) and we don't want everyone subjected to it.  It would be a nightmare to moderate...but we want to see some options.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Limiting post views to "approved" posts 2.8

by Melanie Scott -

Also, I've heard we've got some options on quarantining posts but I'm not clear how that works.  Anyone?

by Melanie Scott -

So, any thoughts on advanced moderation for forums?  And quarantining?

by Melanie Scott -

So...am I just replying to myself?  No one else has an interest in this?  No answers?