Drag Drop into Text - drag boxes not appearing

Drag Drop into Text - drag boxes not appearing

by Joanna Beaver -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers
I am trying to create a question using the drag drop into text but when I preview the drag boxes are not appearing. I have tried the same question using the Missing Words question type and it works fine. 

I am using Moodle 2.6. ddwtos v. 2015031800, and gap select v. 2015031800. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joanna Beaver

Re: Drag Drop into Text - drag boxes not appearing

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That looks like a JavaScript error. Please can you press F12 in your web browser, and see if there are any relevant looking messages in the Console.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joanna Beaver -

Hi Tim

I pressed F12 but am not sure what I am looking for really. Is there anything in particular that i should look for?

I do know that my slash arguments are not enabled due to me being on a shared server - are those required for the drag/drop question types?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Pressing F12 brings up the developer mode/javascript console/debugger.  If you then refresh the page you may see some error messages from the javascript. 

In reply to Marcus Green

by Joanna Beaver -

Thanks Marcus. I just tried again and found this:

Uncaught TypeError: M.util.js_pending is not a function

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry, it looks like that version of the plugin is not compatible with Moodle 2.6 after all. I have updated the plugins DB entry.

Now, the question is how to downgrade that plugin in your site. It can be done, but it is a little fiddly. I someone with a bit more time than me today can write out the steps for how to do it.

(If you have not created many questions yet, you should be able to just uninstall the plugin, then re-install a more compatbile version.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joanna Beaver -

Okay thanks Tim. I do not have any questions created with it yet so will do the re-install. Thanks for your help