by Jane Erlandson -
Number of replies: 2

Tina,

I looked at your site's front page.

Your current courses are set up this way:

Allowing self enrollment with a key:

• Peru
  • The Netherlands

To manage this control: enter the course then Course Admin >> Users >> Enrollment methods >> Self enrollment

To turn off this control: Course Admin >> Users >> Enrollment methods, then click the eyeball off for Self enrollment

Allowing self enrollment via a payment method:

• Namibia

To manage this control: enter the course then Course Admin >> Users >> Enrollment methods, then click on the payment method your have turned on for this course (PayPal, Credit card, etc)

To turn off this control: Course Admin >> Users >> Enrollment methods, then click the eyeball off for that payment method

No self-enrollment (you have to manually enroll members in these courses):

• Monaco & France
  • Germany
  • Thailand
  • Japan

To change the type of enrollment for these courses: enter the course then Course Admin >> Users >> Enrollment methods click the eyeball for the enrollment method. The enrollment method will appear under "Enrollment methods" in your Course admin menu for you to manage further.

If an enrollment method is not appear in your Enrollment methods table for one of those courses - use the drop down method to select it.

Hope that gets you started.

Jane

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jane Erlandson

Re: Settings for multi-course courses

by Tina Smith -

Thank you SO much for your time and patience, Jane! I'm going to go back through your response carefully and see what I can figure out! 

THANK YOU!!

In reply to Jane Erlandson

Re: Settings for multi-course courses

by Tina Smith -

Oh goodness, you know what, you totally did help me because you told me exactly where to go to set things! I don't even know what I'm doing half the time and bumbling my way through here....

So I think I'm going to just set it so there's self enrollment only allowed for Japan on this current season since I'm doing manual enrollment currently, with no enrollment key and using a cohort to enroll people  to all the rest of the courses. So that will work well, using your instructions to change all the other courses back to just not being able to have people enroll in any but Japan, so they don't get confused.

That will tidy things up and simplify I think. For the current season I have, which is the past season.

But my next question is how shall I do things for the next season that starts in a few weeks? I would like to use enrollment keys to enable people to sign up automatically...and because I'll be using them from the gitgo, I think I shall be fine in that regard....the reason I discovered they were a bad idea this season was because I didn't introduce them until I already had people in the courses and then adding the keys confused people because they had to add keys in the middle of their courses.....what a mess! So this time I'll have them from the start, that should work fine.

BUT the confusing part here is that this is a multi-course course.....meaning that they are going to be getting 8 courses that they pay for in advance, but the courses will be added as time goes on....because they are added as the season goes on. each week a new course (each course is a new country). 

My question is will this work with an enrollment key and a cohort? And if so, what should I have the settings for each subsequent course be set to, in regards to the settings we discussed above?