Scorm Courses Not Resuming Correctly in Moodle

Scorm Courses Not Resuming Correctly in Moodle

by Natalie Santos -
Number of replies: 1

Good Day Moodle Community. I need your assistance with a Scorm issue and Moodle.

I have created a Scorm 1.2 Course using Articulate Storyline 2 and delivering it via Moodle Version 2.7.

If users  exit the Module  and then they Resume the course, the scorm activity  does not resume from where the student exited.  In addition it also does not always save the completions for sections that have been done. 

The Articulate course is set to report on Grading using a Results slide. There are six sections which include questions per section but all the questions only write back to one Results slide.  The Completion status on each section is accomplished by the use of triggers and varialbles within Articulate. 

I have set the following options on the Moodle activity:

Linking to : External Scorm manifest
Grading Method: Highest Grade
Maximum Grade: 100
Number of Attempts: Unlimited
Attempts Grading: Highest Attempt
Display attempt status    Yes
Force completed   No
Force new attempt   No
Lock after final attempt   No
Student skip content structure page   Never
Disable preview mode   Yes
Display course structure on entry page   No
Display course structure in player   Hidden
Hide navigation buttons  Yes
Auto-continue   No
Auto-update frequency  Whenever it changes

Is there anything that I can do in the Scorm package that will ensure that the results are always written back to Moodle as the student progresses through the activity without exiting.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Natalie Santos

Re: Scorm Courses Not Resuming Correctly in Moodle

by robin sargent -

Natalie!

I am having the exact same issue with the same settings. I used articulate storyline and loaded it to Moodle 2.7 . It is so frustrating for both me and the learners. Did you post this same complaint to the Articulate community? Have you found a way to solve this issue? Any help you have would be greatly appreciated.  

At least I'm not the only one . If I find an answer I'll post too .

Best,

Robin