Adding/removing locally assigned roles for multiple Lessons

Adding/removing locally assigned roles for multiple Lessons

by Miro Iliaš -
Number of replies: 1

Greetings,

we defined new role in our Moodle (2.9) - Lesson Editor.  Selected students with this role are able to edit (improve) Lessons. I prepare (semi-)empty Lesson instances for them, and they work on them (in exchange for obtaining better grades).

The problem is that assigning/removing Lessons editors  can be done for each Lesson only manually. Having many Lessons prepared for various individual students, this takes a lot of time.

Any help, please, for speeding up the adding/removing multiple locally assigned roles for Lessons ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: Adding/removing locally assigned roles for multiple Lessons

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Miro,
I feel your pain.  I assume that these students will be working on more than one lesson.  I am looking at old posts to see what I can answer.

The only work around I can think of is to have another course with semi empty lessons in them.    I would manually enroll and delete students from this special course.  Thus if they were able to work on 3 semi empty lessons, you will only have to do it once, not 3 times.

Lesson will not locally assign a role to a group or even a cohort.  It will only assign a role user by user. 

Not sure this will be of help to you or anyone else.
Chris