Regarding admin

Regarding admin

by Ahmedul Kabir -
Number of replies: 1

I have setup an existing moodle version 2.6.11 from development to my local pc. I have also imported the database and setup the config.php file accordingly. Now when I have changed a password of an admin from user table and logged in. I can't see site administration tab. 

Any way how can I find the right user who gets access of everything kind of super admin so that I can update the moodle version and also can see plugins and its current states. From the user table it is difficult as I have more then 500 users. I am new to moodle and finding this difficulty right now. Let me know how to do it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmedul Kabir

Re: Regarding admin

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

This for the local (on laptop/desktop) development version of the production site on a laptop/desktop?

I think what you are asking is how to make an account a site admin IF your login to the local development site on laptop/desktop isn't admin level - ie, can't see Site Administration menu on the front page.

If that is correct, do you know your user ID when you login to the development site?  If so, do this:

edit the config.php file found at the root of the moodlecode directory and add this config line:

$CFG->siteadmins = '2,[youruserid]';

User ID 2 was the initial admin user when the site was first installed.

[youruserid] is the current user ID you see after logging onto the development/on laptop/desktop site.

No need to restart anything ... just open a browser and attempt to login.

See site admin menu on the front page?   Then problem solved.

Highly recommend not using this on a production server unless one absolutely has no other option.

'spirit of sharing', Ken