Storage space for hotpotatoes files?

Storage space for hotpotatoes files?

by minera V -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

When I import hotpot activities using drag and drop device (for example .jmt + the different .jpg that are necessary for the activity), I do not know where they are stored. Is there a sort of file browser specificto Hotpot activities in Moodle 2.9? if so, how can I see it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,

Minera

Average of ratings: -
In reply to minera V

Re: Storage space for hotpotatoes files?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Minera,

the file space for a HotPot activity is accessible on the page for Adding or Updating a HotPot activity. (see screenshot). If you put your images in the "Source file" area, they should display nicely for you in the HotPot activity when it is delivered by Moodle to the students.

regards
Gordon

Attachment hotpot.source.file.area.png
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by minera V -

Hi,

Thank you for your illustrated answer Gordon, but what I am looking for is a general overview of all the files I upload, as in a file browser.

By the way, I can see you have uploaded the hotpot sourcefile. Is that what we are supposed to do to put hotpot exercises online? I have never done that so far,  I always upload the .htm file generated by hotpot : am I wrong? I am a beginner and my students will only test my online course this year, let us hope it will work anyway.

regards,
Minera

In reply to minera V

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Minera,
in Moodle 2.x, there is usually no "general overview of all the files I upload". 

Instead, each activity, or area within Moodle, has its own space into which files are uploaded. For example, images and other files that are used by a HotPot activity should be uploaded to the "Source file" area for that HotPot activity, as illustrated by the screenshot in my previous post.

By the way, you can use either use the "hotpot sourcefile" or the HTML file as the source file for a HotPot activity in Moodle.

regards
Gordon