Afterburner - Moving columns on My home

Afterburner - Moving columns on My home

by William Ritter -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I work at a small college that uses Moodle, and due to requests to do so, I've changed the theme on their Moodle site. I selected afterburner for its customization potential. It has been super easy to customize it to the College's needs. I just grabbed the layout.css style I found available on the web and using it as a base, I've edited it's colors. I have received only two issues so far. One was a font size issue that I easily fixed. The second issue, minor as it may seem, is a bit more complicated.

Afterburner seems to force, intentionally or not, the blocks column (the column containing navigation, admin blocks, etc) to the right side of the page on the My home page. This seems to only occur on the My home page. I want to move the blocks column on the left side on the My home page. Is there a way to accomplish this? And more to the point; is their a relatively easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Will

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Ritter

Re: Afterburner - Moving columns on My home

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

The blocks by default were made to be on the right, by design. However you can make them behave differently if you wish.

To do this you would need to make changes to the afterburner/config.php file.

The changes are these:

// My dashboard page
    'mydashboard' => array(
        'file' => 'default.php',
        'regions' => array('side-pre', 'side-post'),
        'defaultregion' => 'side-pre',
        'options' => array('langmenu'=>true),
    ),

Hope this helps?

Mary