Offline Moodle

Offline Moodle

by Pooja Ambre -
Number of replies: 4

Hello All,

I am working for an organization which uses Moodle as their e-learning platform. We recently upgraded to Moodle 2.9.1 and the platform is running smooth so far.

The organization has many office and Moodle is a global application used across offices. However some of the office have limited bandwidth and hence taking some heavy course at a time is not feasible.

Hence, we are looking into options for making Moodle available offline. Can you please advise what would be the best approach to get this implemented.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Pooja

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pooja Ambre

Re: Offline Moodle

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Pooja, 

There are a range of ways to approach this such as using CDN's and caching files locally on the office network, these can be complex to set-up and maintain but it depends on your actual requirements and what sort of content you use. I work for the Moodle Partner Catalyst IT and we have implemented a few different solutions for clients with distributed offices and where network connectivity is limited. If you have a budget that would allow you to engage an external organisation to help you with this feel free to get in touch.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Pooja Ambre -

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your response and the details.

Okay, our next option would have been going with the CDN's and caching file locally. Good to know that if the Organisation is Ok and we can connect with you for a suitable solution.

I will check with the respective owners and get back in case we require your assistance! Thanks!

Regards,

Pooja

In reply to Pooja Ambre

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Pooja, when you use the word "HEAVY" what is that pointing to? Is it Videos being used in Moodle?

as taking into consideration the "limited bandwidth", are you referring to the amount of data transfer or speed ?