Error while installing new plugin

Error while installing new plugin

by Santosh Karkhanis -
Number of replies: 8

Trying to install new plugins for quiz (I am new to Moodle)

Got an error message 'Found language file' 'Info qtype_ordering' .
getting similar message for other plug-in installations.

Tries to look 'lang' directory in quiz/ordering directory. It has only 'en' as subdirectory, no other for any other language.

Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Santosh Karkhanis

Re: Error while installing new plugin

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is presumably the 'ordering' question type. How are you trying to install it? Which version of Moodle is this? Are you definitely following the installation instructions that (hopefully) came with the plugin?

With optional plugins you will often find that there is only the 'en' language pack, as there has been nobody to translate to other languages. Little job for you perhaps? wink

In reply to Howard Miller

by Santosh Karkhanis -

Thanks Howard for quick reply.
I am using Moodle version 2.9.1
I installed the same from MOJO marketplace provided by my webspace provider 'Bluehost'
I am trying to install the 'Ordering' question type plugin.
Downloaded the plugin to my local PC & installing the same using Moodle menu
Site Administration > Plugins > Install Plugins

The 'readme' file with the plugin says it is for moodle2.x
As you said, there is only 'en' language pack with the plugin.
I did not find any installation instructions with the plugin.

I am getting the same error while installing other plugins.

Regards

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

"from MOJO marketplace provided by my webspace provider 'Bluehost'"

Hmmm... if this doesn't work, perhaps asking Bluehost then? Obviously, this isn't a Moodle feature it's a facility provided by Bluehost. 

by Just H -

Can you post a screen shot; I "think" what you are seeing isn't actually an error message and believe you may have debugging on.

In reply to Just H

by Santosh Karkhanis -

Attaching two files for your reference.

1. Err-Screen-Installing-Plugin.pdf : The error message while installing any plug-in. I am not going forward after this message to safeguard my installation.
  2. Error-Notification.pdf : I am getting an error message while updating plugins.

Regards

by Just H -

OK...

1. Is as I thought, it's not an error as such, because you have debugging on (can be checked at Administration > Site administration > Development > Debugging ) it's just telling you the language file has been found. It's OK to continue installing.

2. I really don't have a clue about I'm afraid; hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.
    I "think" you might  be able to get around it by heading to Site Administration > Server > Update notifications and switching it off until you install the plugin manually.
Also, could be a good idea to look into a browser plugin for screenshots so you can insert them in your posts (to be honest, normally I don't open attached files when I am browsing through these forums unless the issue really interests me or, as in this case, I'm already involved). The one I tend to use is Awesome Screenshot due to the mark up abilities and it's available in Chrome and Firefox.

Edit: In fact re 2,what happens if you hit "Continue"? When you have debugging on things that normally you don't see will stop the script so perhaps it's just saying that when it checked to see if there was an update the reply was empty (understandable as it's a new plugin so wouldn't have data top check against).