Snap footer to page bottom (Mdl 1.9)

Re: Snap footer to page bottom (Mdl 1.9)

by Matthew Longman -
Number of replies: 2

I noticed a typo I made yesterday. Be sure to exlude the footer div as a child of page-wrap, as demonstrated below:

<body>
  <div id="page">
    <div id="page-wrap">
      <div id="header-home"></div>
      <div id="content"></div>
</div>
    <div id="footer"></div>
  </div>
</body>

In reply to Matthew Longman

by Richard Schwarz -

This does work - you do need to exclude the footer from the page-wrap div. I tried it as a working example in Essential (by changing a bunch of the layout files) and it did appear to work in *most* cases. Those that didn't were probably due to me being an idiot rather than any issue with the theme.

Thanks!

In reply to Richard Schwarz

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

'I tried it in Essential' - Note the OP is about Moodle 1.9, which has a completely different layout structure to Mdl2 and especially bootstrap themes such as Essential.

My reading of the thread currently is that the OP wanted the footer to fall below the content, and not any 'special' requirement such as frozen at the bottom of the view screen, and this would always have been the case in all the pre-existing 1.9 themes, so the issue is likely to be one of an error in the way the header.html and footer.html of the OP theme were originally constructed.

As 1.9 is no longer supported and has not been for some time, and I no longer have a copy of it on my computer anywhere, I am not really in a position to look into it in any more depth.