Error installing 3.0dev

Error installing 3.0dev

by Richard Crawford -
Number of replies: 4
We're installing 3.0dev on our servers just to look at as part of our process of choosing which LMS we'll be moving forward with. I'm getting the following error when I get to the Database page:

====================================

Error: Database connection failed

It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly.

The site administrator should also check that the database details have been correctly specified in config.php

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in .../lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 79

====================================

We're currently running MySQL version 5.5.44. I've confirmed that the login details are correct.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Error installing 3.0dev

by Richard Crawford -

Well. This problem was resolved by creating a blank config.php file, then setting it to 777. Now I'm getting a blank screen. Apache error log reads:

[Thu Aug 13 10:25:25 2015] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/course/lib.php' (include_path='.:') in /.../index.php on line 31

by Richard Crawford -

Well, I was wrong about that. All I ended up with was a blank config.php file. I had to remove it, and now I'm getting the database error all over again.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you're evaluating which LMS to use, then install the stable Moodle 2.9.  Moodle 3.0dev is only aimed at developers.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Richard Crawford -

Looks like Moodle 3 will officially be out November 15. And since I am a developer (though not an official Moodle developer), I just figured I'd take a look at the code and the features for now. We expect to make a final decision in January.