Theme not displaying after upgrade

Theme not displaying after upgrade

by Ted Mackay -
Number of replies: 3

I upgraded from 2.6 to 2.9 but now I have no theme displayed. I had essentials installed on 2.6 and when looking at themes selected it shows all the different themes and essentials is picked but not displayed. I have cleared the caches and tried installing Clean theme hoping it would help but the site only displays text. Help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ted Mackay

Re: Theme not displaying after upgrade

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ted, there is different version of Essential for Moodle 2.6 and 2.9, have you assured upgrading essential as well before upgrading moodle?

In reply to Usman Asar

by Ted Mackay -

I followed the procedure for automatic plug in updates. I think it updated but I can not find a way to check so far. I'm new to this so I am not familiar to how to check the version. 

In reply to Ted Mackay

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Umm, did you install Clean or just switch to it?  If the former, then bad, very bad.  Remove its folder from the themes folder and replace it with a new copy from the zip file of Moodle you downloaded.

If you are getting only text then something is really broken in the CSS generation process.  Essential is not ready for Moodle 2.9, so remove the 'essential' folder as old versions could cause issues.  When I've made it ready for production sites, then you can install it with more confidence that it will work - I'll be confident but there is always the unknown of an individual setup.

Also check each contributed plugin to make sure you are using the M2.9 compatible version of it.

And just to check that when you upgraded you did delete all files in the moodle folder bar config.php and put the new ones in?  If you simply overwrote them, then again bad, very bad.  Look at the Moodle docs for upgrade instructions.

To find plugin versions look at the 'Plugin overview' page under 'Site administration'.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)