Auto-assignment into a group

Auto-assignment into a group

by Anton M -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I would like to have a single default group within a course so that all the users would be enrolled into that group automatically. I have to say - the group enrollment keys do not work for me, I'm using the plugin - https://moodle.org/plugins/view/enrol_auto for my Demo course, users are enrolled for the course automatically once registered, the only issue - they can not be assigned to a group automatically.

I would appreciate any tips. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anton M

Re: Auto-assignment into a group

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Unless the system here already has the plug in installed, I believe that I accomplished this without it.  Maybe you can expand on why you want to use a plug in.

The hurdle I had to overcome is the realization that I needed to set two different kinds of key.  One for general enrollment which is not distributed and a key for each group (I have two) which is.  Instead of the student entering the course enrollment key on login, the group key is used.

I am curious as to why you want everyone in one group....

I wrote up a pathfinder to spell out every step in setting up groups but it looks as if you already have that.

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Auto-assignment into a group

by Anton M -

Steve, thank you for your feedback.

My case is a Demo Course which must be accessible for everyone once registered/logged-in. Why do I need all the users to be assigned to a group - because - it's a kind of integration specific, the integration with an external system (business simulation) where users should be assigned to a group which is replicated from Moodle. 

Of course I might have have used the group enrolment key, just put it in a welcome text and that's it. Of course I can re-develop the integration stuff )) Just wondering if there is any fast and easy solution that might help to bypass any extra clicks for customers.

Meanwhile I came across this - https://moodle.org/plugins/view/enrol_autoenrol, it almost works as needed if I use the "User Filtering" options...