Uploading Courses Error

Uploading Courses Error

by Nikitha Ch -
Number of replies: 3

I am using latest version of Moodle (3.0dev) and when I am uploading the courses using Upload course option but it is accepting only .CSV files. If l upload using Add Course option ,then also it is not accepting other files. Can anyone help me out to resolve this error.

Thanks and Regards,

Nikitha.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikitha Ch

Re: Uploading Courses Error

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

First - is there a reason why you are using 3.0 dev? It is just for developers trying out the next version of Moodle. Unless you do want to do development with Moodle it might be better to use 2.9, especially if it will be a live site. That said, if you are just practising on your own computer and your site is not online, it's OK and you should still be able to upload courses. So - if you use the Upload courses function then you must add a csv file. If you use the Add a course option then you manually create the course. You don't need to add any files. Are you sure you are not trying to add a file in the Course summary section? That would normally be an image file.Please see the FAQ I can't upload files to my course (direct link to the docs)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nikitha Ch -
I have installed 2.9 moodle version, then also I'm getting the same error. When i try to add a course using add course option it is not at all asking to upload file so, i tried uploading using Upload course but it is accepting only .CSV files.

In reply to Nikitha Ch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Uploading courses means adding the course names and details to a CSV file, so it will only accept CSV files. Adding courses manually means you make them one at a time. Why or where do you want to upload files when  you add the course manually? Did my earlier post help you?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)