Conducting oral examinations over Moodle

Conducting oral examinations over Moodle

από H Singh -
Αριθμός απαντήσεων: 4

Mechanism of the exam:

A tutor meets with a student. He hands him a sheet of paper. Asks him a series of questions. At the end of the meeting, the tutor gives the student some credit (a number, which is in a certain range - 0-100 let is say).

How do I set up this activity?

This is not a Quiz as the student is not looking at the computer, the tutor is.

Μέσος όρος βαθμολογίας: -
Σε απάντηση σε H Singh

Re: Conducting oral examinations over Moodle

από Paul Nicholls -

If you set up an Assignment activity, but uncheck all of the submission methods, you can use any combination of the standard Assignment feedback methods and your choice of grading method - without the students needing to submit anything.  This is the equivalent of the "Offline assignment" in old versions of Moodle.

If that won't suit your needs (perhaps you want to store some record of the actual exam?), please give us more detail on what you'd like to achieve, so we can better help you figure out how to set it up.

Σε απάντηση σε Paul Nicholls

από H Singh -

That actually hits close to what we want. Just want to add the ability to upload a scanned copy of the sheet to the student's record (would be feedback?). Wish there was a seamless way to do this. I have checked the Moodle mobile app, and there does not seem to be a way to do assignment grading or direct photo click upload to attachment or feedback.

Σε απάντηση σε H Singh

από Melanie Scott -
Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers

Another option is to add a manual grade item in the grade book and just add the grade.

Σε απάντηση σε Melanie Scott

από Melanie Scott -
Φωτογραφία Particularly helpful Moodlers

Also, forgot this yesterday, but when you grade manual grade items (or edit any grades in the grade book), there is the option to add feedback.  I don't know what the limits are but I know it is possible.