Having problem logging in only reload login page

Having problem logging in only reload login page

by rhald samson -
Number of replies: 5

I recently installed moodle 2.9 in a shared hosting, no errors occur during installation, my problem was every time i login in the login page just reloads and in order for me to login in I needed to reset my password but when i log out same thing happen. BTW i dont get any error message so i enabled debugging but still no luck can anyone have an idea on how to fix this

Average of ratings: -
In reply to rhald samson

Re: Having problem logging in only reload login page

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You're not making your password 'changeme' are you?

Does it *just* reload or do you get any error messages (or any messages) at all? Did you check the web server error log after enabling debugging?

In reply to Howard Miller

by rhald samson -

First of all thank you for response, I'am new with moodle installation and everything so i dont know what you mean by password 'changeme'?

and yes it just reloads on the same page no error message no nothing.

In reply to rhald samson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So after you reset your password, you are using the new password to log in?  Or is perhaps the old password autofilling from your browser?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by rhald samson -

yes I'm using the new password that i input during my reset, but no luck i could not login, the sad part is that i don't get any error message or warning  even in our shared hosting error log i don't see any moodle related error. do you have any idea bout this issue? thnx for your response BTW

In reply to rhald samson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

When you get in, look at the moodle logs and see what it is telling you about the login attempts.  Then go to Edit Profile and see if you have the option to see your password...

Is this just a manual account?  You aren't authenticating through LDAP or another system are you?

Couple of possibilities I can think of - first, you are just not putting it in correctly (seems unlikely after so many attempts but still possible) - second, something is not allowing that field to update and it is stuck at your original password...