Suddenly I mis a feature: multiple choices

Suddenly I mis a feature: multiple choices

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
I want to gather dates to schedule a meeting from a set of proposed dates.
So it would be nice if people could select more then one date, so we could pick the date wich has the most votes (= most people can show up)

I think this is not possible with the choice module. Am I right?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: Suddenly I miss a feature: multiple choice

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Koen,

Yes, you're right about only being able to select one option with the Choice module. However, you may select more than one option with the Questionnaire module (check boxes question-type).
In reply to Helen Foster

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Yes, I finally did that. But it is a little bit like shooting on a mosquito with a canon big grin
Thank you for the tip

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well if you don't wish to use any of the other cool features in the Questionnaire module, it may be easier to simply include a meeting scheduler such as Meet-O-Matic as a resource in your course. wink

Re: Suddenly I mis a feature: multiple choices

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Koen,

would be a relativly easy feature to add! - I've got a bit of work I want to do on the choice mod - (the Choice Block is almost ready) - but I've got piles of other work on at the moment! - so if anyone else wants to go ahead and make the changes.....!

smile

Dan

In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Suddenly I mis a feature: multiple choices

by koen roggemans -
Hi Dan,
I can imagine for someone with program skills it can be relativly easy. PHP is one of those things, among with learning to play the guitar and learning to earn money, I still have to learn sad .

Good luck on your work and thank you for encouraging to go ahead and change the code smile