question type with a gap which need to manually checked by teacher

question type with a gap which need to manually checked by teacher

by Saeed Amiri -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

I use Moodle (version 2.9.1) for language teaching and for this purpose it is often required to add gaps which should be filled by students with their own information which is often different from other students, such as when they are including their own names, cellphones, etc. I have searched around but I cannot find any question types which support such a feature. I wonder if there is a question type which already includes that. There is the essay question type, of course, which somehow meets my purpose but not always. For example, suppose you ask the elementary students to write their names when you are teaching them how to introduce themselves. In such a case when a gap for a short answer can be all you need, the essay question type is not really that suitable.

Please let me know if the feature is already available and I am unaware of it.

Regards

Saeed

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saeed Amiri

Re: question type with a gap which need to manually checked by teacher

by Saeed Amiri -
Should I assume there is no solution to this problem as I have not received any replies?
In reply to Saeed Amiri

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I can think of two question types that will work, CLOZE and Short Answer, and in both cases all you have to does is set them for one answer of * with it getting the score percentage you want. You will then have to go back over each test to override the scores if students did not give an answer deemed to be correct.

The Short answer is a little more versatile as it will easily let you set the size of the input box based on how many underscores your type. I didn't play with CLOZE enough to know if it is possible to easily make the input box any bigger.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Saeed Amiri -

Hello  AL

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I was looking for. It is interesting to know that asterisk has the meaning of "everything" here too.

Regards

Saeed