Certificate Plugin - Adding Multiple Restrictions

Certificate Plugin - Adding Multiple Restrictions

by James Doonan -
Number of replies: 21

Hi there,

I am using Moodle 2.9.1 (Build 20150706)

I am trying to set the Certificate to appear when the user has completed Modules 1-12. I can only seem to set it to appear when the user completes Module 12, which means that they could just skip Modules 1-11 which I do not want.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Doonan

Re: Certificate Plugin - Adding Multiple Restrictions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Could you explain what you mean by "modules"?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Yeah sure, I suppose you could call them courses. We have 12 separate courses. Does that make more sense?

In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I suppose you could use the cours prerequisite option in Course completion settings Say users must complete course A B and C in order to get the certificate - could you add the certificate to course C and make completion of course C conditional on having completed course A and B?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Hi Mary,

I thought I had done that but I can still jump straight to course 12, complete that then get the Certificate. I have attached a picture of my course completion settings.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

Just checking because your screenshot doesn't make it too clear - have you actually selected those 11 courses in the settings? When I select courses they appear highlighted dark in the box once saved, whereas yours do not  -but that might just be your screenshot or theme.

Attachment Selection_024.png
In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Yes, I have selected them and then saved it. I am using the Clean theme, that must be the difference because I am sure it has saved.

In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

So essentially you're saying that regardless of anything to do with the certificate, course completion based on course prerequisites is not working? I'd have to test some more to explore further, but actually I'm currently on a campsite in the south of France, so it might have to wait until next week  smile

EDIT: My screenshot is with the Clean theme too - could you double check your settings?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Haha, lucky you. Thanks for your help, and I shall double check my settings. 

In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

James - please check your completion settings again as I just read you used the Clean theme and I got the same results -with the courses highlighted  -using the Clean theme as in my screenshot above.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

I think i have got it working now. Thanks. One more question while a try and spoil your camping trip? Do you know what file I should edit to change this text?

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

Site administration > Language > Language customisation >Availabiity.php

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Fantastic, Could you tell me where that file sites within the Moodle directory? Thanks again.

In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

James - you just need to go to your site admin and follow the link I gave you - you don't  need to change it on the server -and it's best that you don't anyway.

OK running out of wifi time now wink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

I followed your link but I cant find the string. Are you sure that is where it is?

In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -
Sorry -  you also need availability_completion.php 
In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Hi again Mary,

I still cant find that string to change the text below the Certificate. Could you please help me out some more?

Its the text "Not available unless: The activity Module 18 - Training Course is complete and passed" that I want to change.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

I found it in availability_completion.php in Language customisation

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Great, thanks. I don't know how I missed that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by James Doonan -

Hi Mary,

I still seem to be having some problems with the Course Completion. I thought I had it working but it seems that I was wrong. I have set the Activity Completion for all of the courses, and I have also set the Completion of other courses so I cannot understand why it is not working. Is there perhaps a setting that I am overlooking? It's starting to drive me slightly crazy.

Thanks,

James

In reply to James Doonan

by Mary Cooch -

Hi James

I would post a new thread about this if I were you, as it seems to  be moving away from the certificate issue.