How to show icons in Morecandy theme "Add an Activity or resource" dialog

Re: How to show icons in Morecandy theme "Add an Activity or resource" dialog

by Simon Ho -
Number of replies: 15

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Now I attached 2 screenshots for your reference.

The 1st screenshot is from my built moodle site (v2.8) using a theme called "Morecandy".

The 2nd screenshot is from a moodle site of an institute and my friend have a teacher account.

Thanks again.

(Edited by Mary Cooch to clarify title - original submission Sunday, 2 August 2015, 3:04 AM)

Attachment 2015-08-02_094132.png
Attachment 2015-08-02_094216.png
In reply to Simon Ho

Re: How to show icons in "Add an Activity or resource" dialog

by Simon Ho -

Hi all,

Sorry that 2 images in my above reply cannot be viewed in IE but normal in Chrome and Firefox, and I do not know why.

Now I changed them from .png to .jpg and uploaded again.

Thanks a lot.

Attachment 2015-08-02_094132.jpg
Attachment 2015-08-02_094216.jpg
In reply to Simon Ho

by Developer@ Monarch Media, Inc. -

Hi,

Thank you for providing the screenshots. To know the reason for this issue, would you please provide the html markup generating by moodle for activity rows. Here is my system html markup for assignment activity row. Are you getting icon url in the html markup?

(Edited by Mary Cooch to clarify title - original submission Monday, 3 August 2015, 8:57 AM)

Attachment icon_url.png
In reply to Developer@ Monarch Media, Inc.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

For some reason I can only see the old style drop-down menus and not the Pop-up menu as seen in the screenshot above.

Can someone enlighten me on where to find the Add Activity/Resource setting in order that I can reverse the changes I made to my Moodle site when setting up 2.9 a few weeks ago?  I remember testing it out but cannot think where it is now?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's in Site Administration > Appearance > Ajax and Javascript Mary

Or type 'Activity Chooser' into the settings search box at the bottom of the Administration block smile

In reply to Mary Evans

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I think you are looking for Admin/AJAX and Javascript
In reply to Developer@ Monarch Media, Inc.

by Simon Ho -

Hi,

My moodle site is shown as below screenshot.

Thanks a lot.

Attachment 2015-08-04_095216.png
In reply to Simon Ho

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are the screenshots you have provided on the same Moodle but with a different theme or are they a different Moodle.

If they are a different Moodle, could you please test the same Moodle with a different theme (Clean or More) and confirm whether you can see the icons then.

Thanks

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Simon Ho -
Hi,

I have tried to change to another theme in my moodle site and I can see the icons.

Thanks a lot.

In reply to Simon Ho

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

The problem is in the morecandy/classes/core_renderer.php

You need to remove the following lines:

https://github.com/lazydaisy/moodle-theme_morecandy/blob/master/classes/core_renderer.php#L493-L541

I was experimenting and got it wrong, I need to rethink this...or Moodle HQ need to stop adding icons in with JavaScript!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Simon Ho -

Hi,

The file "core_renderer.php" cannot be found only in C:\xampp\htdocs\moodle\theme\morecandy\renderers\ but there is no such line of code in the file.

Thanks a lot.

In reply to Simon Ho

by Mary Evans -

Hi, I forgot you are using the 2.8 version which has a renderers directory, where you will find the core_renderer.php

I was testing this last night and find that things were breaking in other places that otherwise were working OK with the renderer.

So frustrating with things like this. I'm going to see if I can mend it another way.

If you leave the core_renderer.php as it is you only lose the icons that are added via JavaScript and so if you can put up with those few missing icons for the moment, it is safer for the theme if nothing is changed, until I can get a better fix for this.

Again sorry for the inconvenience!

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Simon Ho -

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and help.

I have added a logo and changes some CSS (mainly related to colors) in theme setting and it will be better for my boss and those users if activity icons can be shown (but not compulsory).

Look forward to your progress.

Thanks again.

In reply to Simon Ho

by Mary Evans -

There is a bigger problem now and it is all to do with the core_renderer.

As a result I have withdrawn the theme until I find a better fix.

So sorry.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Simon Ho -

Hi,

I have upgraded to version 2.9+ for some other reason, and would like to hear any news from you about your theme.

Thank you very much.

In reply to Simon Ho

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

There was a security issue with the renderer I had added so now that I have removed that it should be ok, the only draw back is that the FontAwesome icons that replaced the images in the side blocks have also gone too.

That said I will ask help on this as there should be a better solution than removing renderer.

Can you send me your email address and I'll try and get you a copy of the updated version for 2.9

Thanks

Mary