no audio in Mobile Moodle

no audio in Mobile Moodle

by Dhruva Maharaja D -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 2.9.1

I've embedded mp3 files into the Moodle player, and they work ok on the computer, but there is no audio using Mobile Moodle with an iPhone.

The same happens with mp4 video = works fine on computer, and I can see the images in the video, but no sound with Mobile Moodle.

thanks for ay help.......

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dhruva Maharaja D

Re: no audio in Mobile Moodle

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Does it use the same audio channels as the normal phone? Is the volume set by the Moodle or the media player or the phone? Can the audio be set programmatically? These are the things i would be looking at first. Does the phone have a mp3 audio file player? These are standard features, I know, but they are not always properly activated... 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Dhruva Maharaja D -

I’m not sure how to check if the audio channel is the same as the phone channel…..can you give a little more info how to check that? I attempted with “Settings” from Mobile Moodle, but didn’t find any options for sound, and didn't find any options in the iPhone's Settings dealing with this.

Volume Set for audio file is not showing the player controls. On screen I can see the time controls which show the track is moving, but no volume control is visible. However, in the video I can see the volume control, and set it to the highest but still do not hear anything.

On the same phone I can play all kinds of mp3 files from other sources, so the phone is working and has an mp3 player.

I also configured the audio file to be downloadable by students directly from the site, but the same thing happens without sound in the player.

In reply to Dhruva Maharaja D

by Carl Dahlin -

Having same issue. Neither audio nor embedded video works in my Moodle Mobile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)