Monitoring Core Events Not Working

Monitoring Core Events Not Working

by Gary Harris -
Number of replies: 1
I am testing the new event monitoring functionality in Moodle 2.8 (specifically 2.8.6), and I am not able to get it to work for core events. I have created  a rule for the core event "User has logged in" as a teacher in a course. I then try to log in as a student in the course, but the test teacher account doesn't receive any notifications when I run the cron. I thought that maybe only an admin account could use rules related to core events, but it doesn't seem to be working for my admin account either. It should be noted that I have successfully set up rules for activities like forums, and those notifications seem to be coming through just fine. Any help with core events would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

P.S. I didn't see a forum that I thought this post might fit into, so I put it here in the General forum. If there is a better place to ask this question, please let me know.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Harris

Re: Monitoring Core Events Not Working

by Pinky Sharma -

Hi Gary,

I have tested core event and it seems working fine for both admin and teacher.  There might be a chance, you forgot to subscribe core event rule by clicking on plus (+) symbol. However in activity monitoring when we select drop-down element it automatically get subscribed.