After course restore "Link to next activity" field shows none

After course restore "Link to next activity" field shows none

by Diana Samson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

After I restore courses from one moodle instance to another, all of the "Link to next activity" links (found under appearance in edit settings) are gone and the selection that appears is "none" for all courses and their lessons.

We do have two moodle sites. Could it be an admin setting that is different between moodle sites? We will be using only one moodle site in the future and all our courses will be moved to the site that seems to be clearing out the "Link to next activity" field.

Thanks,

Diana

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diana Samson

Re: After course restore "Link to next activity" field shows none

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Diana,

Thanks for reporting this problem,

There is no setting for controlling that feature, it should just work and the link to next activity should just be remapped to the new id of the activity during restore.

I looked at the code and I see no obvious mistake. I will try to find the time to do some tests.

Can you verify if the activity that the lesson should link to was included in the backup too ? Obviously the code can not work if it is not the case.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: After course restore "Link to next activity" field shows none

by Diana Samson -

Hi,

Sorry, for the late reply, I was on vacation.

It affects every "Link to next activity" and all lessons are included. I manually re-selected the link and it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.

Diana