Hello Moodle-Developer Community!
Currently studying computer science and working in Moodle Support at the University of Darmstadt, Germany, my colleague and I have been developing a tool to support Moodle-Admin activities:
Our goal was to create a tool that would assist support and admin staff by
- making frequently used Moodle functions more accessible (like user search, adding a user to a course, change or view the enrolment key or changing the visibility of a course).
- processing and presenting relevant data in one place to better help identify issues instead of getting the information from different places in Moodle.
- Fast search for courses (optional category filters include Term and Department) and users
- Overview of the course:
- General Information
- Number of Users per role
- Enrolled Users
- Activities and Enrolment methods.
- Overview of users and the courses they are enrolled in
- Direct Enrolment of a User into a course (a course and user have to be selected)
- Fast creation of new courses
- Links to relevant places in Moodle (Course settings, Edit user, Delete course, change the visibility of the selected course)
This tool and its predecessor (our prototype so to speak, which was not published) is in use for almost a year now on our productive system and we could not imagine doing our Support and Admin work without it.
At this point, we would like to share our tool with and at the same time be happy to get important feedback on functionality, performance, usability, etc. from the community.
More information on the project, ticket submitting and the installation guide can be found on our github-page.
Kind regards from Germany,
Steffen Pegenau and Nils Muzzulini