Change text of 'Return to course' button

Change text of 'Return to course' button

by Alex Commerer -
Number of replies: 4

Hello!

I would like to change the text in the 'Return to course' button that appears at the end of each section within a course. I'd change it to 'Return to course page' or 'Return to course home page'. I have searched the forums and found some helpful information but I have not had any luck.

I looked in various php files, and within the Moodle admin I checked the language pack. I found the exact string to edit and made the change, saved, and have purged the cache. No luck - I must be missing something! If it matters, I'm using the Afterburner theme.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachment Language pack.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Commerer

Re: Change text of 'Return to course' button

by Torsten Händler -

you only change the name text vor the completionstatus block, not for all buttons. 

which course format do you have?  As I know there is now "Return to Course" button in coursesections

A screenshot of the course with button and moodle version would be helpfull. and maybe the course format you use.

greetings

torsten

In reply to Torsten Händler

by Alex Commerer -

Hi Torsten, thanks for your response. That helps to know that I need to change it per block.

The version of Moodle I use is 2.6.1.

The course sections I use are Page, Exam, Forum, and I believe a custom section which is Certificate. Below is a screenshot of the 'Page' section which I am using for our video lecture. For the format, I use a course page with all sections on the same page (this would be the page the button links back to, aka the course homepage).

Attachment Course screenshot.png
In reply to Alex Commerer

by Torsten Händler -

Is it possible to get guest access to one of these courses? I found nothing about this button and I think is no default button in moodle.

In reply to Torsten Händler

by Alex Commerer -

Thanks Torsten to your help, I ended up figuring this out. Torsten was able to tell me that this button was custom, not a default Moodle feature, so I started looking in different files.

This particular button is called into each module/section in a script, which was located in the default.php file in the layout folder within the theme I am using. Case closed!