Windows, moodledata, folder and file permissions

Windows, moodledata, folder and file permissions

by Gordon Cressman -
Number of replies: 2
Now I'm a bit baffled. On Windows XP test platform, I have c:\moodledata. I have no trouble adding resources, which are written to that folder, but I am unable to view the resources (pdf and word files) once they've been uploaded. IUSR_<servername> and IWAM_<servername> both have modify rights to c:\moodledata and everything in it. It may be possible to tighten these permissions, but right now I'd just like to figure out why I cannot view resources.

Any ideas?

-gmc
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon Cressman

Re: Windows, moodledata, folder and file permissions

by jason hull -
Hi,

What actually happens when you attempt to view resources? do you get an error message?

How big are the file resources in Mb and which version of PHP are you using? There is a problem with PHP 5.01 with delivering files over 1.9Mb (it just errored, or went blank). I upgraded to the latest version of PHP and it solved the problem.

this may not be the case for you but you never know. big grin

In reply to jason hull

Re: Windows, moodledata, folder and file permissions

by Gordon Cressman -
Hi Jason:

I get a 404 error from FireFox and IE when trying to access any file resource on this Windows XP box. The following is an example URL:

http://localhost/moodle/file.php/5/Referral_and_follow_up_August_20_2005.doc

If taken the extreme step of granting modify access to Everyone to all folders and files in the C:\moodledata tree. I still get the 404s.

All files are well under 1.9MB. If fact they're all well under 1MB.

I'm using PHP 5.05.

I continue to suspect that it must be a permissions issue.

-gmc