Shoehorn Theme Causes Fatal Error in Quiz When Browser Security is set

Shoehorn Theme Causes Fatal Error in Quiz When Browser Security is set

by Craig Mackey -
Number of replies: 4

I have just upgraded our Moodle site to Moodle2.8.7+ (Build: 20150723)

The site default theme is Shoehorn 2015042303 release 2.8.1.4

Now, when attempting a quiz, the following error message is displayed at the top of the screen, the rest of the screen is white (see image)

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function bootstrap_grid() in /var/www/moodle/theme/shoehorn/layout/secure.php on line 19”

I noticed that the quiz was opening in the popup window, so I tried changing the quiz "Browser Security" setting to "none" and the quiz displayed correctly, without error using the shoehorn theme.

(It was set to “Full screen popup with some javascript security"

This was not an issue previously in Moodle 2.7.3, but with the latest downloads for Moodle 2.8.7 there is a problem.

As a temporary workaround I have changed the default theme (to FlexiBase) but would like a permanent fix for Shoehorn.

We have Bootstrap 3 theme 2015043000 is installed plus a few other 3rd party themes with no apparent problems.

The quizzes display without errors in the Decaf, BCU & FlexiBase Themes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Mackey

Re: Shoehorn Theme Causes Fatal Error in Quiz When Browser Security is set

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Temporarily change the line reported to 'shoehorn_grid' like the other layout files and I'll put out a release soon.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Craig Mackey -
Awesome, thanks Gareth. I'll update that code. smile
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Gareth you might also like to checkout the changes I made recently for the secure layout file in clean theme and bootstrapbase.

cheers

Mary