Confused: Authentication and Self-enrollment using PayPal

Confused: Authentication and Self-enrollment using PayPal

by Tim Edsell -
Number of replies: 4

v 2.9

I am finalizing access to a for-profit website.  I have yet to install the PayPal plugin but will do so in 2 weeks.

I have email-based self-registration turned on.  I will have self-enroll turned on.

My confusion/question - when I turn on PayPal, and the new acct user receives their email to click (or copy/paste) the url authentication code into the browser window, will the next page the user sees be a PayPal enrollment screen?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Edsell

Re: Confused: Authentication and Self-enrollment using PayPal

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No, you are confusing authentication with enrolment.

The self registration allows students to set up an account with your Moodle site.

The Paypal Enrollment is a method to allow them to purchase individual courses. 

They register with the site first and then, when they click on a Course, it will give them an option to purchase the course via Paypal.  Once the purchase is complete, they will gain access to the course (if you get it set up correctly that is!)

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tim Edsell -

Ok...Thank you.

In reply to Tim Edsell

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Tim, if you want to try it out on a working site (albeit 2.5) this is a site with courses for sale where you can register: medinail.com 

That should give you a sense of the user click flow to register and then subsequently enroll. 

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Tim Edsell -

Joseph,

Thank you for your offer.  I checked it out and do have a better understanding of the screen flow.

Tim