Sort Dataform Views

Sort Dataform Views

by Paul P. -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I tried searching for this in the forums but I couldn't find it, so I apologize if it was asked already.

When creating multiple views for a dataform activity, is there a way to sort the order that the views appear when using the ##viewsmenu## pattern? Currently it appears they are listed in the order they are entered.

Thanks!
Paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul P.

Re: Sort Dataform Views

by Itamar Tzadok -

Indeed the ##viewsmenu## pattern displays the views in the order of their creation. Sort by name makes more sense. Please open an improvement issue in the Set: Dataform tracker.

Another way to create views navigation is the following. Create a designated hidden view. Add to the view template view link patterns (##viewlink:<view name>##) for the desired views in the desired order and formatting. Leave the entry template empty and disable the view submission. You can embed this navigation in a view with the view content pattern (##viewcontent:<view name>). You can use css/javascript for visual effects such as floating. You can also add to the activity a Dataform view block set to this navigation view so as to display the navigation in a side block across the activity.

You can also just use the view link patterns directly in views for tailored navigation per view.

hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)