Unable to Access Course w/Latest mobile Install

Unable to Access Course w/Latest mobile Install

by Tim Edsell -
Number of replies: 5

v 2.9, Galaxy s6

I updated my Moodle Mobile and can no longer access my courses.  I am receiving the mobile error message "Web services must be enabled in Advanced features".

Yet, attached is a screen capture of the appropriate setting from within Site Admin>Plugins>Web Services>Mobile.

What "Advanced" features is the error message referring to if not the above.

What is interesting is that if I leave the default setting on (meaning "No") I can access my data, but not the course.

Help!

(worked ok, except for unable to logout in previous version)

Attachment Mobile Settings.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Edsell

Re: Unable to Access Course w/Latest mobile Install

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Tim,

Could you create a test user account and enrol it in the courses you get errors?

The only way to test what is happening is via real users.

If that's possible, please send me the user data via a private message.

I'll need also the exact Moodle version, (version.php) information.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Tim Edsell -

Juan,

I installed the additional features plugin and followed the instructions in the documentation.  Now, when I attempt to connect to the website, I get the following message:  "Web Services are not enabled in your site. ..."

Yet, the attached screen capture shows that web services are enabled.

Suggestions?

Tim

(p.s.  I noticed the other attached screen capture when installing the additional features plugin.  Is this relevant to anything?)

Attachment Debug Found language file.png
Attachment Web Services Enabled.png
In reply to Tim Edsell

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

are you sure the web services are enabled? I'm not sure which browser are you using but usually enabled checkboxes have a tick

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Tim Edsell -

ok...I can get in, but no front page or courses are visible.

Under "My Courses" only the filter field is displayed.

When I use the navigation icon and select "Front page", I receive the message SITE "No content available at the moment".

I have verified that I have enabled "Enable web services" and I have verified that "Enable web services for mobile devices" has a checkmark and is saved.

Ideas?

In reply to Tim Edsell

by Tim Edsell -

Never mind.  I realize the difficulty I'm having is with Admin user login which I need to go back and re-visit the parameters needed to allow access.

Thank you for your patience.