Essential: Problem with the layout of some pages 2.8

Re: Essential: Problem with the layout of some pages 2.8

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So thus each theme is different.  Essential 2.8.1.6 looks different as I've been fixing things and so may solve the issue of that for you.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Luis Herrera Noguera -

I see, thanks Gareth. 

Then, the width of the textfilds on my Moodle has troubles? 

Because I've seen the picture that you have attached and I don't see the same problem with the textfields exactly how I showed you. (width)

With the link https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/MOODLE_28/layout/includes/pagesettings.php#L144-L159

what am I fixing it?

In reply to Luis Herrera Noguera

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/MOODLE_28/layout/includes/pagesettings.php#L144-L159 has nothing to do with text field widths, it just puts the blocks underneath instead of beside.

Add a user in Essential 2.8.1.6 is the same as Clean, so no problem to solve.

I get it, 

I guess there is something wrong only with my Moodle/Essential because the textfields are so width, meanwhile the picture that you showed me it seems normal ( Essential and Clean theme). is'n it?

Could I put the block again next to the central space? od, Do i have to wait for some solution?

by Gareth J Barnard -

Textfields = yes.

Blocks = look at the body tag attributes on the page, identify the page type and remove the specific case in the code already stated: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/MOODLE_28/layout/includes/pagesettings.php#L144-L159.  Then to make it easier to update in future you could always create a child theme and make your changes there using the 'essentials' child theme template provided with the theme.

I get it !! Thanks a lot.

Do you have some link when I could see about how to create a child theme?

How can I modify a link in the user bootstrap menu?

by Gareth J Barnard -

Link: I dont know, any link where I could find how to modify the user bootstrap menu.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Oh ok, Essential's user menu is bespoke to the theme, so I don't think there is any guide to it.  The code is not rocket science though, so easy to work out.

I get it !. Again thanks a lot for your support and contributions Gareth.

Grettings from Costa Rica