DB 2.5 issues vs. 2.8

DB 2.5 issues vs. 2.8

by Ken Russell -
Number of replies: 3

I am new to using the database, a fun module except for the problems I am having! I'm hoping that someone with Moodle DB experience can give me a little feedback...

I am helping a teacher set up a database for an online physical fitness class she will be teaching. She wants students to enter their exercise information into a database that she can then view. I have created the fields and built the template, there are only a couple of issues that I am having problems with. The two main problems I am having is that I cannot delete db entries. I used the teacher role and the admin role, but there is no delete option in either of the list views as described in the FAQ. Could the reason be that we are using an older version of the db? Our Moodle version is 2.5.1 and I will be upgrading to 2.8.1 in a couple weeks. I'm hoping that the delete option appears after the upgrade. Have others had a similar issue in this regard?

Thanks very much for any advice you can provide me with!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Russell

Re: DB 2.5 issues vs. 2.8

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I haven't used 2.5 for a while but I think the delete option is the same as for later versions - and basically  -you delete from the single view and not the list view. When you click on an entry you want to delete (as a teacher) you will see an X icon towards the bottom where you can remove that entry. ( Where did you see in the FAQ about deleting? Can you post the link and I will try to clarify the documentation.)

In reply to Ken Russell

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
You need at lease these tags for 'View list template' 

##more## ##edit## ##delete## ##delcheck##

& for 'View Single template'

##edit## ##delete## 

You can use these optional tags as well:

##approve## ##disapprove## ##export## ##timeadded## ##timemodified## ##user## ##comment##

You can insert the 'Delete' icon anywhere, many times.

In reply to William Lu

by Robert Brenstein -
more verbose: you can delete records either from the single view or the list view (or both) if you insert the ##delete## tag in the appropriate location in the respective template. The delete tag will be shown only to users that have the required rights, that is normally the site admin, the teacher, and the record owner (creator).