Profile link greyed out on homepage (Moodle 2.9.1)

Profile link greyed out on homepage (Moodle 2.9.1)

by Henry Nurdin -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Scratching my head on this one! I have tried upgrading a copy of our Moodle site from 2.7 to 2.9.1 (on a test machine). Everything seems to be ok, apart from the fact that the link on the navbar in the top right corner that should drop down the menu for Profile, Grades etc, is greyed out - it works perfectly on all other pages, just not on the homepage.

I have looked to see if there is any setting for this, but have drawn a blank. I have tried a few different themes, but it does the same in all of them.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction...

Cheers - Henry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henry Nurdin

Re: Profile link greyed out on homepage (Moodle 2.9.1)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It is possible you are suffering from this bug - MDL-50446

If you have a main menu block on your front page then check the links in it - make sure they all open "automatic" instead of "new window" or "pop up" and that should fix it on a temporary basis.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Profile link greyed out on homepage (Moodle 2.9.1)

by Henry Nurdin -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your quick response there!

Yes, it does look like that is the problem. I'm not able to alter the properties of the links on the main menu block, though, as all the "Edit" links in that block are not working as well!

Looking at the HTML source, I can see that links on all other pages (that work correctly) have aria-haspopup="true" in the link code, whereas their counterparts on the front page (That do not work) do not.

Working Profile link:

<a aria-haspopup="true" class="toggle-display textmenu" title="" id="action-menu-toggle-0" role="menuitem" href="#">

Not working Profile link:

<a class="toggle-display textmenu" title="" id="action-menu-toggle-6" role="menuitem" href="#">

As I have just done the upgrade on a test machine, I will hold off upgrading our "real" moodle until a fixed version comes out - it is at times like this that I am glad I always try a dummy run before upgrading for real smile

Cheers - Henry