"The web address does not appear to be valid" in Mac Os X

"The web address does not appear to be valid" in Mac Os X

by Chema B -
Number of replies: 5

I have seen a similar post regarding IIS for Windows, but I am also getting this error and cannot continue the installation. Can somebody tell me what the problem is? The address is http://i-witness.language2date.com. Maybe it is something wrong with the DNS for the subdomain? Very strange...

Best,

Chema.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chema B

Re: "The web address does not appear to be valid" in Mac Os X

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm not a techie so this may be way off base but I'm wondering if you made all of the changes necessary when you changed the name of your Moodle folder and installation? Could it be looking for Moodle when all that is there is iwitness.langauage2date.... ?

Maybe that is totally not related?? It is strange that it initially recognizes the Moodle installation and begins the install but then stops where it does....?

Sorry I'm not much help but since I am a Mac user too I thought I'd give it a try and see if I could come up with an idea ...

Jason
In reply to Chema B

by German Sevilla -
I have the same problem when trying to install moodle. I just set up my web site to be hosted on powweb.com. Initially I attributed the error to some technical problems powweb is experiencing but your similar problem points to something else. I am also using a Mac with OS X. I tried four different web browsers (Safari, IE, Firefox, Mozilla) and they all get the same error. In fact, I'm having trouble just starting install.php. I get the following error...

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, xxxx@xxxxxx.xxx and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Good luck,

Germán
In reply to German Sevilla

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Interesting. While I was able to set up my site with my hosting service (Globat.com) I get the same "Internal Server Error" when I try to access the admin page when logged into my Moodle site as Admin. Is it possible that our hosting services have some permission 'shut off' to us that could be causing such an error?

Jason
In reply to Chema B

by Sanjay Katiyar -
Hi Chema,
You can try this if message is appearing time and again.
Make a config.php file and copy contents of config-dist-.php file to this new file and do the changes in config.php file (database name, dirroot, webroot... etc).
Then point your browser
http://i-witness.language2date.com/index.php
In reply to Sanjay Katiyar

by Chema B -

Hi, Sanjay!

Thanks a lot for your tip. Yes, it worked indeed!

All the best,

Chema.