Invalid User Error - URGENT

Invalid User Error - URGENT

by Scott Mason -
Number of replies: 18

Hi All,

I've setup 40 new users and every single person has a warning message of Invalid User when they try to login.

I'm able to login using the credentials that they have.

Any help on this one?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Mason

Re: Invalid User Error - URGENT

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Are they suspended?

Check a few and see

Albert

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Scott Mason -

Hi,

None of the accounts are suspended, I can login using the account details but when the user tries they get the 'Invalid User' message.

Thanks

In reply to Scott Mason

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How have you created these new users? Do you have any extra plugins/profile fields? Which version of Moodle is it?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Mason -

Hi,

Each account was created manually, and the profile fields are just general.

Name, email address, city, username, password, email etc...

Moodle version 2.5

Thanks

In reply to Scott Mason

by Scott Mason -

I've deleted the account and re created, changed the username and password and still they are having issues logging in.

I've run through their PC setup, no capital letters, cookies enabled, firewall not blocking it etc...

Any other suggestions?

In reply to Scott Mason

by Mike Verna -

Pulling at straws here.

Are you and the users trying from the same location?

The reason I ask do you by chance have "IP Blocker" on?

In reply to Mike Verna

by Scott Mason -

I'm testing it at work and on my iPhone, they are operating from home and having the issue.

Thanks

In reply to Scott Mason

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It definitely says "invalid user" and not "invalid login"? Does your site have a valid certificate? (Only ask because I found a Walsall NHS 2.5 Moodle with an invalid certificate so I wondered if that might have any bearing on it. (And I'm from West Bromwich which  has no bearing on it whatsoever smile )

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Mason -

Hi,

What is this certificate and how do I go about getting it updated? I'm not a Moodle fan or heavy user, hence why it is still in version 2.5 and not 2.9.

Thanks

In reply to Scott Mason

by Mary Cooch -

I can't tell you how to get a certificate sorry as I'm not into server stuff (but sure others will be able to) However , I don't think that should be preventing the users from logging in. It would be helpful to know if they can login from where you are. Do you have any other authentication methods on the site (LDAP/External database etc) Again  - it shouldn't make a difference necessarily but just trying to troubleshoot.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Mason -

We only have the default settings setup and I couldn't find anything for LDAP and so on. It seems odd that I can login using my PC or my phone but the users are unable to login using their devices off site.

My phone is on 4G not wifi which is why I'm baffled more as I can connect on the internal and external networks but my users can't connect on an external network.

In reply to Scott Mason

by Robert Brenstein -
Is your Moodle showing the failed logins in its log? Have you tried turning on debugging and checking the server logs (if you have access to those)?
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Scott Mason -

Hi,

It doesn't show a failed login for them, I have successful login but that is where I have managed to login as them, debugging is enabled.

In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you post a screen shot of the error message

In reply to Marcus Green

by Scott Mason -

I opted for an easy option, delete all users added within 48 hours and get them re-created

In reply to Scott Mason

by Scott Mason -

Over the weekend and the same issues is happening after creating all the accounts again from scratch

In reply to Scott Mason

by Dhilip Kumar -

Hi 

I too facing the same problem, I have added a user, but the user is unable to login as it throws an invalid  error message.

Can some one help me to solve this, I am using moodle 3.0.