Customer requirements

Customer requirements

by Dave Cuttriss -
Number of replies: 2

We have been asked by a customer to confirm that certain parameters would be met with a new (i.e. latest) installation of Moodle.

Would some kind soul like to comment on these (I've looked at the documentation but I'm really not sure)

The requirements are:

·         Standard PC: Windows 7, support IE 11 and backward to 9,  ( Can't see a problem here?)

·       Must support tablet devices (7”+) running Android 4.1+ (currently 4.4.2)  and iOS 8+  (this I'm not sure of)

·         MCBC standards are: Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”), iPad mini, iPad 4+, iPhone 4S+  (Not a clue what this means!)

·      HTML5 for development

·         No Flash – does not work with mobile devices

·         SCORM compliant  (I'm sure this is so?)

Da    Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Cuttriss

Re: Customer requirements

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I'm not a technical person so don't rely 100% on me, but I thought if I gave a starter response it might prompt others to reply too - so here goes:

Moodle content is accessible on different devices, both desktop and mobile and supports all modern browsers. If you look here at the 2.9 requirements https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_2.9_release_notes you can see the minimum browser versions supported (IE9 is the minimum, but you won't get the drag and drop features.) There is a mobile app ( a new improved one coming out soon too)

I don't know what MCBS standards are. Whether or not you have flash depends on whether or not you add flash content to your courses -there is nothing in Moodle in Flash. Yes it is SCORM compliant - SCORM 1.2 is supported. SCORM 2004 is not supported (but afaik does mostly work) You can find out more about SCORM here: SCORM module

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Customer requirements

by Dave Cuttriss -
Mary
Many thanks; very helpful
I'll follow up your links.
Thanks again
Dave