Can I Allow teachers to edit only certain topics...

Can I Allow teachers to edit only certain topics...

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I would like to prevent teachers from editing any Topics in the course (to prevent them from editing course activities/resources).
However, I DO want teachers to have the ability to edit the General Topic area only.
I see that you cannot adjust role permissions by topic, only by activity/resource or course wide.

So minus the ability to make any changes to the rest of the course, I want teachers to be able to edit the General Topic section so they can add/edit labels and other resources as the year goes on (but only in this section). I also want to enable them to add extra credit assignments in this area too as needed, but again, only in this area. I don't want to do a course wide role permission change to eliminate course editing because they then wont be able to add resources into the General Topic section as the year goes on....

One thought was to add (and hide) one of each activity/resource into the General Topic area ahead of time and adjust the permission for these so teachers can edit them and duplicate them when they need more; however, I noticed that when you duplicate an activity, it does not duplicate the adjusted permissions...

Is it possible to do what I am looking to do? Or any suggestions?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -