Sorting by different order

Sorting by different order

by Federica Marra -
Number of replies: 2

Dear all,

I am using Moodle 2.8.
In a database resource I insert a scroll down list field called "planned period"; it is made by values composed the year and month (ex. 2015 06, 2015 07, 2015 08).

Is it possible to filter it in a way that the first value to appear will be the 2015 07? 

If I use the "sort by: Planned period DESC" the first value is 2015 08, and with "sort by: planned period ASC" the first value is 2015 06.

Probably Java would be the solution? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Federica Marra

Re: Sorting by different order

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If you only want the '2015 07', then: 

1. In Search tab: Select the 'Planned period' from the drop down menu 

2. You should get a 'View list' with 'Found records: '228/304 (Reset filters)', copy the URL from your browser address bar.

3. In the Database editing page, add the link to description area. 2015 07

4. You can create direct links to 06 and 08 as well, and make them looks like a tab navigation bar smile

HTH

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to William Lu

Re: Sorting by different order

by Federica Marra -

Hello William, thanks for the suggestion!
Indeed it is a good idea, but I am looking for something that could allow me to decide the order of the "planned periods".

So when it is July I would like to filter the field in a way that I can show 2015 07 as first value and the others following. And in August I would like to filter it in a way it shows first 2015 08 and then the others.

Probably the fact the field is a scroll down field instead of a multiselection field is also restricting my choices.mixed