Badge Overview/Dashboard/Reporting?

Badge Overview/Dashboard/Reporting?

by Brad Smith -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

I am looking into replacing a home-grown certification system (corp training environment) with badges in Moodle, but there are some administrative features that seem fundamental to me, but if they're available I've not yet found them.

How are the following use-cases handled?

• Administrator wants to see who has a given badge
  • Administrator wants an overview of all available badges and how many people have been awarded each
  • Student wants to see her current progress toward a badge ("these requirements have been met, these have not", etc)
  • Mentor wants to see achieved and in-progress badges (with progress as described above) for all mentees

Is any of this possible? If not, am I misunderstanding what badges are for, and is there a better alternative? 

Right now our home-grown mod does all of the above and more, but has no interface for actually defining certifications and their requirements (I have to manually run sql statements in the DB). Writing such an interface would be a pain, hence why I am considering moving to badges, but if what I've got fills a niche that nothing else is filling and would be useful to people, especially people who would be willing to help write that admin interface, I can look into putting it up on GitHub. 

Average of ratings: -