Attendance Summary Report - It is working right?

Attendance Summary Report - It is working right?

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone, 

One of our testers raised an issue about how the Attendance module calculates summary on the report page.

I'm not sure whether the current functionality is intended or whether it is a bug.  Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this.

Here is the scenario:

"When testing the report function I noticed that the totals at the bottom of the report were not for individual sessions but working from left to right were accumulating totals.

Interestingly, when you the report on a monthly basis the accumulation does not carry over from July to august.
Three screenshots attached for All, July and August."

So the question is should the summary totals be accumulative or should they show the summary per sesession?

If it should stay accumulative should the totals be carried over the other months / weeks?

I think it might be intended as an accumulative snapshot (only accumulates within the snapshot) in which case it is working correctly.

July:

July

August:

August

All:

All sessions

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barry Oosthuizen

Re: Attendance Summary Report - It is working right?

by C Behan -

Just to report that I'm experiencing the same. We're using Moodle 2.8.

In reply to C Behan

by Barry Oosthuizen -

But is this a bug or a feature?  I.e. If its supposed to be an accumulative snapshot then its working as expected.

In reply to Barry Oosthuizen

by C Behan -

Okay, I notice now that the first column is different. I think you're right - it's accumulative.

In reply to C Behan

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

+1 with the same behaviour. Moodle 2.7

I'd guess it's a bug. Can we have some confirmation on this?

In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

by Susana L. -

As a workaround we can add:

$sessionstats[$status->id] = 0;

on line  891 renderer.php

889             foreach($reportdata->statuses as $status) {
890                 $statsoutput .= "$status->description:".$sessionstats[$status->id]." <br/>";
891                 $sessionstats[$status->id] = 0; // avoid summing previous sessions 
892             }

But please can we have a confirmation if this is a bug or some kind of feature?