URL Downloader

URL Downloader

by David Jefferson -
Number of replies: 3

I'm using 2.9. I want to know where the URL downloader saves the files from a webpage.

I used my own home page as an example.. Where on the server does the downloader save all the files. I don't want to save them individually. That can be a huge pain and I don't need the DL for that. The reason I want use the DL, is so that the page does not disappear from site without my knowledge. I cite everything. I just want to have control over my stuff. I tried it with http://www.ext.colostate.edu/mg/gardennotes/133.html. No use. I copied everything over file by file. what a pain.,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Jefferson

Re: URL Downloader

by Pinky Sharma -

Hi David,

URL downloader save the files inside 'moodledata' folder under 'filedir' on server. Other file information like size, mimetype , encoded path etc are saved in mdl_files table.

In reply to Pinky Sharma

by David Jefferson -

OK I can get to moodledata/filedir. I open that up and I see a boatload of sub-folders, with names like 00,01,02 etc. How do I access a specific downloaded URL? 

In reply to David Jefferson

by Pinky Sharma -
As I told you earlier other information of files  are stored in mdl_files table. Moodle insert multiple entry for a single file upload. Find the correct record of uploaded file on basis of contexid,  component , filename  from mdl_files table. The path of file is stored in 'contenthash' field in encoded form but with little intelligence you can guess the path. The first four character of contenthash is the name of folder where file is stored.
For example if contenthash is 'c311b309a39b5b3abf845121a0fdb7bcf61609c1'  , there should be a folder 'c3' inside filedir and another folder  '11' in c3. File resides inside '11' folder with same name of contenthash.