Course overview takes me to news forum?

Course overview takes me to news forum?

by Walter Byrd -
Number of replies: 1

I am very new to this. 

I went to create a course.  I created the overview. I am the only person enrolled in the course. 

When I log out, and go to the site. I see the overview. I can run the video. 

When I log in, I get this "news forum" with a list of dates. I don't see any course lessons, or the overview, or a way to create anything. 

This seems very odd. 

I am looking to create online course for adults, not K-12.  I want a series of lessons that people can take when they choose to do so. I do not want lesson scheduled for certain days, or homework assignments,  or discussion forums, or anything like that.

Maybe I am using the wrong tool. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Byrd

Re: Course overview takes me to news forum?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I think what's happened is you have created a course and you have added information to the course summary  including a video. By default if you don't change your front page, this summary is visible on the front page. It links to the actual course page into which you add all the course activities. You are seeing a default News forum (which you can delete) and topic sections which have dates on them. You can get rid of the dates and the sections if you wish. Here is something to take a look at (version 2.8 of Moodle but still mostly relevant)

Also - take a look at this documentation page for new administrators which I think is relevant to you: Guide for new administrators