New User Email Address Message

New User Email Address Message

by Lauren Ziegler -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Everyone, 

I'm having an issue, and would appreciate some help. My Moodle site (2.9.1) has Email-based self-registration. The students are various school teachers from ~50 US school districts. Each school district has a unique domain, meaning I have ~50 email suffixes that will be allowed. Due to competitors, we wanted to lock down the site in this way but also open enough that teachers could access it themselves without having us to register them manually.  

My problem is that when a user registers with a banned email, an error message displays along with a list of all acceptable email domains. As you can see, the error message is quite long and displays every different domain. 

The error message alone is fine or if I can customize to something like "This email is not one of those that are allowed. Please try again with your school work email". How do I do this?

Regards, 

Lauren

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Ziegler

Re: New User Email Address Message

by Andrea Bicciolo -

The language string you are looking for should be "emailonlyallowed", you can find it in component "core".

To edit the string you can use the language customization interface: https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Language_customisation

Average of ratings: Useful (2)